We are over the moon excited for today’s post because Allie from @eatdrinkclt is sharing her FAVORITE eats with us. If you’re planning on visiting Charlotte, NC, bookmark this post and think of it as your food bible. She’s been snapping droolworthy food pics since 2014 and has over 40k+ followers on instagram (!!!!!) Impressive doesn’t even begin to describe her skills, but we’re gonna stop fangirling so she can talk noms with you guys.
Name: Allie (@eatdrinkclt // www.eatdrinkclt.com)
City/State: Charlotte, North Carolina
1. Grab brunch with your friends: The Stanley. James Beard-nominated chef Paul Verica opened The Stanley earlier this year and has been met with lots of praise. Get ready to wow your friends with beautiful plates but approachable dishes, like shrimp and grits and blueberry pancakes with bacon. And make sure you all order a few doughnuts to share!
2. Splurge $$$ on a killer meal: Bardo. If you can resist or just aren’t feeling super hungry, you can dine at Bardo on a budget. But that just wouldn’t be right. The menu is crafted of beautiful, unique share plates and delicious cocktails. So go big or go home at Bardo. I recommend at least two plates per person, but trust me… you’re gonna want more.
3. Go for date night: Dilworth Tasting Room. Dilworth Tasting Room has amazing shareable plates, pretty cocktails, and tons of wine. And you can enjoy it all on a cozy couch inside or in their perfect courtyard surrounded by greenery and string lights. Time to get romantic.
4. Eat clean: Living Kitchen. Ask anyone – Living Kitchen is the go-to spot for eating clean. This spot serves organic, vegan dishes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and has a colorful selection of smoothies and juices.
5. Enjoy coffee/tea with a friend: Amelie’s. Each Amelie’s is uniquely decorated with mismatched chairs, giant chandeliers, and crazy artwork, but they all have one thing in common: wonderful pastries, sandwiches, and caffeinated drinks. It’s the perfect place to get lost catching up with a friend.
6. Dine on a budget: Sabor Latin Street Grill. Every time I visit Sabor, I’m amazed at how everything is so affordable. This Latin street food spot is slowly but surely taking over every corner in Charlotte with its arepas, tacos, burritos, and fresh margaritas. And you can’t forget the giant pan of nachos (my go-to order).
7. Find the best happy hour deals: Kid Cashew. Happy hour is the real deal at Kid Cashew. With $6 small plates/spreads weekdays from 3 – 6 PM, half-off wine bottles on Tuesdays, and $6 craft cocktails on Thursdays, you’ll never leave unhappy. My favorite order? All three homemade spreads with pita.
8. Eat for the gram: Seoul Poke Bowl. The guys at Seoul Poke Bowl are always rolling out new ‘grammable items, and I’m HERE FOR IT. Tempura-fried stuffed avocado? Check. Poke in an ice cream cone? Easy. Poke avocado toast? Done.
9. Go with a large group: 8.2.0. 8.2.0 is one of Charlotte’s coolest spots and also happens to have great food. Grab drinks from one of its many bars and enjoy the karaoke room with your friends. And don’t forget to order a slice of pizza and a container of pomme frites with ALL the dipping sauces.
1. Burger: Zack’s Hamburgers
2. Pizza: Inizio Pizza
3. Ice cream: Golden Cow Creamery
4. Asian food: Chaun Wang Fu
5. Drink: Anything from Haberdish
6. Steak: Oak Steakhouse
7. Seafood: Sea Level
8. Noodles: Mama Ricotta’s
9. Coffee: Cuplux
Alright guys, that’s it for today! We hope you enjoyed learning all about Charlotte’s amazing food scene. A huge, HUGE thanks to Allie for taking time out of her very busy schedule to edumacate us on all things delicious in North Carolina. Definitely make sure you guys check her out and give her a follow on instagram! For more United Tastes segments, click here. Until next time, friends!