Alright guys, it’s time for another installment of United Tastes. We’re super excited to introduce you guys to Golnaz today on Nomtastic Foods! She’s the foodie sensation behind @eatdrinkdishmpls and @golnazy, and she’s been blogging about food since 2014. Since then, she’s received some serious accolades like the coveted Zagat foodie award, and she was named “the BEST instagram in MN” for 4 consecutive years (!!!!) by City Pages Reader’s Choice. She’s here to talk about the best eats in Minneapolis so definitely bookmark this post if you’re planning to visit. So without further ado, let’s get to it!
Name: Golnaz Yamoutpour (@eatdrinkdishmpls & @golnazy)
City/State: Minneapolis, MN
1. Grab brunch with your friends: Hai Hai. Located in Nordeast, this gem was voted one of the most beautiful restaurants and the brunch scene is always bustling. South Asian influenced food and cocktails like you’ve never seen before!
2. Satisfy late night cravings: Pizza Luce. You can always depend on Pizza Luce for late night cravings. They deliver after midnight and have quality pizza, pasta, wings and more!
3. Splurge $$$ on a killer meal: Burch Steak. One of my all-time favorite spots in Minneapolis because they’ve got a killer steak menu, pizza menu, oysters, sides and drinks.
Left: Burch || Right: Hai Hai
5. Eat clean: Vibe Organic Juice Bar. Located in SLP (St. Louis Park), this spot recently opened and offers an array of cold pressed juices, salads, protein snacks and more!
6. Enjoy coffee/tea with a friend: Penny’s Coffee. I love going to the Penny’s on Washington Ave to work and/or meet up with friends. They’ve got an amazing atmosphere, patio and tasty made-to-order crepes, sandwiches and of course lattes. Pictured below!
7. Find the best happy hour deals: Wakame Sushi & Bistro. They have happy hour TWICE a day and it’s almost always packed. I mainly go for their sushi, but everything on their menu is on point.
8. Eat for the gram: Martina. They opened almost a year ago and they’ve been one of the hottest spots in town. Located in Linden Hills and known for their Argentinian seafood, they’ve got the most Instagrammable food and drinks in town … brunch and dinner!
9. Go with a large group: Freehouse. Located in the NoLo (North Loop) neighborhood in Minneapolis, Freehouse is one of the few places that can accomodate large groups. They also brew their own beer! Great spot for brunch, lunch and dinner!
Left: Martina || Right: Freehouse
1. Burger: Revival
2. Pizza: Young Joni (pictured below)
3. Ice cream: Sebastian Joe’s
4. Asian food: Wakame
5. Drink: Can Can Wonderland (pictured below)
6. Steak: Burch Steak
7. Seafood: Smack Shack
8. Noodles: Ramen Kazama
9. Coffee: Cafe Astoria
Left: Cafe Astoria || Right: Ramen Kazama
Andddd that’s a wrap for today, friends! We hope you enjoyed reading all about Golnaz’s favorite eats in Minneapolis. If you want to see more from this series, make sure you check out our United Tastes of America tab. We post new content every Monday and Thursday so we hope to see you soon, Nomsters. Until next time!