And we’re back with another segment of United Tastes of America! This time around we’ve got the amazing @wwdeatnext letting you in on some of the best restaurants in Indianapolis, IN. If you’re in the area or plan on heading there at some point, be sure to bookmark this post so you can be sure to try all these insider recommendations. So without further delay, let’s dig in!
Name: Desmond N (@wwdeatnext)
City/State: Indianapolis, IN
1. Grab brunch with your friends: Good Morning Mama’s:
2. Satisfy late night cravings: Jailbird: This spot has all your late night craving favorites, from double cheeseburgers to loaded chilli cheese and hot ham and cheese. And it’s all reasonably priced, so you won’t be breaking the bank but still going home satisfied.
3. Splurge $$$ on a killer meal: St Elmo: This is the hotspot downtown for a nice steak dinner, wine and their infamous shrimp cocktail. St Elmos serves an amazing fine dining experience for the new and regular visitors to the restaurant.
4. Go for date night: Livery: Upscale, delicious Latin American cuisine is never a bad idea, and Livery also serves incredible margaritas and has a great rooftop patio that’s perfect for dates!
5. Eat clean: Three Carrots Fountain Square makes clean eating flavorful. From brunch to dinner. You’ll have a nutrient loaded meal. They provide both vegan and vegetarian options. The menu is packed full of choices rather you want to stay on the healthy side or splurge. Easy to location with both indoor and outdoor seating
6. Dine on a budget: Pure Eatery is a great way to dine on a budget while getting quality food. They even allow you to order half sandwiches, which is great for lunch on a budget. From the menu options to the atmosphere, you can’t go wrong. Who doesn’t love pocket friendly brunch, lunch or dinner with fresh ingredients?
7. Eat for the gram: The Eagle on Mass Ave has plenty of good food and for the gram. They’re claim to fame is their fried chicken followed by, well everything else on the menu. Order some fried chicken, mac and cheese, spoonbread and mashed potatoes and you’ll have one nice skyview pic for the gram.
8. Go with a large group: Half Liter BBQ is the perfect spot to bring a large group of people, especially if you’re riding your bikes on the Monon Trail which is literally connected to Half Liter. They have large indoor and outdoor seating. The inside offers 2 floors of bbq dining with a nice view of the surrounding neighborhood and its pet friendly. Half Liter has all the MEATS!! From brisket to pulled chicken and dont forget to order a king size oatmeal creme pie for dessert
1. Burger: Workingman’s Friend
2. Pizza: Jockamos
3. Ice cream: TeeJays Sweet Tooth
4. Asian food: Asaka
5. Steak: St Elmos
6. Seafood: Pier 48
7. Noodles: Meet Noodles
8. Coffee: Provider
And that’s that! Major props to Desmond for taking the time to share his local recommendations here. Make sure you guys give him a follow on instagram to keep up with his nomtastic adventures in Indianapolis, IN. To see more from our United Tastes series, click here and stay tuned for the next one!