Want to know what the food scene’s like in Iowa? Well, you’re in for treat because we have the wonderful Alexandra Olsen (aka @feedmeiowa) with us today. She’s going to give us the 411 on all things delicious so make sure you stick with us until the very end. So without further ado, let’s get to it!
Name: Alexandra Olsen (@feedmeiowa)
City/State: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
1. Grab brunch with your friends: Rapid Creek Cidery is situated on Wilson’s Orchard, just outside Iowa City. Their brunch items are incredible and are sure to cure any Saturday night hangover!
2. Satisfy late night cravings: Dumpling Darling in Iowa City is open until 2:30 a.m. on the weekends, who doesn’t want a dumpling after a night out?
3. Splurge $$$ on a killer meal: Cobble Hill in Cedar Rapids, Iowa is an amazing experience when you’re willing to splurge. Their attention to detail is what sends them over the top.
4. Go for date night: Rodina in Cedar Rapids, Iowa is the perfect place for a date night. Meals are served “family style” and meant to share. It’s the perfect excuse to sit closer and to experience something together.
5. Eat clean: Rawlicious in Cedar Rapids, Iowa is a new raw and vegan hotspot!
6. Enjoy coffee/tea with a friend: Deluxe Cakes & Pastries in Iowa City is not only an adorable coffee shop to hang out in, situated in a historic Iowa City neighborhood, they also have incredible pastries to munch on!
7. Dine on a budget: The NewBo City Market in Cedar Rapids is a great place to find a variety of quality meals for a great price. Everyone will find something they love here.
8. Find the best happy hour deals: Fong’s Pizza in Cedar Rapids or Des Moines. Cheap drinks, apps and pizza!
9. Eat for the gram: La Vecina Restaurante in Iowa City. Great food and very “trendy” feel.
10. Go with a large group: The Millstream Brau Haus in Amana, Iowa is great to bring all your friends in the summertime!
1. Burger: The Map Room, Cedar Rapids
2. Pizza: Lincoln Wine Bar, Mount Vernon
3. Ice cream: Whitey’s Ice Cream, Quad-Cities
4. Asian food: Soi 3 Thai, Davenport
5. Drink: Big Grove Brewery, Iowa City
6. Steak: BAH, Brazilian Steakhouse, Des Moines
7. Noodles: Saigon’s Corner, Iowa City
8. Coffee: Inspire Cafe, Dubuque
9. All you can eat: Cedar Ridge Winery in Swisher for their Sunday brunch
Alright Nomsters, that’s it for today. A big, BIG thanks to Ali O for telling us all about the best restaurants in Iowa. We’ve never had the pleasure of visiting, but after hearing about these amazing restaurants, we want to book a trip stat. Make sure you guys give her a follow on instagram to learn more about good eats in IA and browse this tab to see more from our United Tastes of America series. Until next time, friends – happy nomming!