You guys have no idea how pumped we are for today’s post! It’s time for another segment of United Tastes of America. We have the wonderful Judy Hannon (aka @mkeeeeeats) with us, and she’s going to tell us all about the best spots in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. If you’re planning a trip there or know someone that’s going, make sure to bookmark and share because sharing is caring. Happy reading, Nomsters!
Name: Judy Hannon (@mkeeeeeats)
City/State: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1. Grab brunch with your friends: Uncle Wolfie’s Breakfast Tavern – it’s a small, so you can’t bring that many friends , but some unique items on the menu such as pineapple inside-out French toast and beet-cured salmon benedict along with the classics.
2. Satisfy late night cravings: The Vanguard – you can’t get more Wisconsin than a late night sausage and no better place to get one than the Vanguard. Order a Styled Sausage as a second dinner paired with one of their beer recommendations or go all out and get The Butcher Board with 3 different sausages!
3. Splurge $$$ on a killer meal: Morel – one of my favorite restaurants in Milwaukee, highlighting farm-to-table dishes straight from Wisconsin’s countryside.
4. Go for date night: The Noble – no reservations and only a handful of tables, but the cutest hidden gem to impress anyone on a first date (or hundredth date). I love the chalkboard menu that changes daily and the drinks are equally great.
5. Eat clean: Bowls – need fresh food fast? Pick your favorite ingredients Chipotle style without the guilt. Way better than a standard salad joint with ingredients such as seared ahi tuna, salmon, grass-fed medium rare steak, and kimchi.
6. Enjoy coffee/tea with a friend: Interval – a corner coffee shop with a modern twist and unique coffee choices on tap. Sweet and creamy draft latte, anyone?
7. Dine on a budget: Swingin’ Door Exchange – you’ll feel like you have been transported back to a few decades, but the menu of various apps, sandwiches and entrees is amazing and budget friendly (Saturday night Steak Dinner for $15). Also, best brussels sprouts in town!
8. Find the best happy hour deals: Harbor House – if you like awesome cocktails, amazing seafood for a deal, and a view right on the water, head here for the best happy hour ever from 4-6pm.
9. Eat for the gram: Spicy Tuna – Every sushi plate comes with a side of art. You’ll want to take a million photos before digging in!
10. Go with a large group: La Merenda – tapas, tapas, tapas international style using local Wisconsin ingredients. This place is always packed and the more people you go with the more dishes you can try.
1. Burger: Oscar’s Pub & Grill
2. Pizza: San Giorgio Pizzeria Napoletana
3. Ice cream: Purple Door
4. Asian food: Sze Chuan
5. Drink: Jazz Estate
6. Steak: Five o Clock
7. Seafood: St Paul Fish Co
8. Noodles: Red Light Ramen
9. Coffee: Colectivo
10. All you can eat: Lover’s Lane Sushi and Seafood Buffet
And that’s a wrap, friends! A huge thanks to the wonderful Judy Hannon for sharing here recommendations with us today. We hope you enjoyed reading about the best restaurants in Milwaukee, and we’re dying to know what looked yummiest to you? Comment with your pick and click here to see more from our United Taste series. Until next time, friends! Happy eating.