Looking for good eats in Ohio? Well, you’re in luck because we have two experts here with us today. Tiff Squared, aka @pursuitofdelights, will be sharing their recommendations with us, and we couldn’t be more excited. Whether you’re craving a fat, juicy steak or incredible Asian food, they gotchu. We hope you’re ready to drool all over yourself, Nomsters.
Name: Tiff Squared (@pursuitofdelights)
City/State: Cincinnati, Ohio
1. Grab brunch with your friends: Crown Republic. Tiff Squared loves brunch! If you are looking for some good eats, Crown Republic, has an awesome brunch. They are an American Gastropub located at the corner of Sycamore and 8th. From Burgers, Steak & Eggs, French Toast, to Kale & Celery Caesar Salad, they have something for everyone.
Also, their brunches are 90s hip hop inspired. BIG POPPA, no info for the DEA…*sways and snaps*. While you eat your delicious meal, you can jam out to the oldie but goodies 90s hip hop music. OHHHH and do not forget to grab a Mama’s Chocolate Chip cookie on your way out.
2. Satisfy late night cravings: Shanghai Mama’s is the ultimate place to dine if you are looking for a late-night meal after enjoying the town. They are open until 3a on the weekends and have the perfect Chinese dishes to send you off to bed completely satisfied! They are also always super fast so you won’t be waiting long at all. You’ll definitely sleep well with a full belly!
3. Splurge $$$ on a killer meal: Jean Robert’s Table. Located in the heart of downtown Cincinnati, Jean Robert’s Table is one of our favorites for French cuisine. Its atmosphere and vibe are casual and welcoming. We’ve tried quite a few menu items with some of our favorites being the House Salad, Duck Leg Confit Mac and Cheese, and Salmon.
4. Go for date night: Metropole. Date night can always be fun, but a great meal makes it the cherry on top. Metropole is one of our favorite date nights spots. The dimmed lights with spacious, but cozy seating makes for the perfect ambience. Two of our favorite dishes are the Charred Octopus and the Burnt Carrot Salad.
5. Eat clean: Northstar Cafe. If you’re looking to eat on the healthier side of things, Northstar Café is your go-to. They are in the suburbs of Cincinnati and are always fantastic! Whether you are vegan, vegetarian or just like to eat healthy, there is something for each person in your group.
Our absolute favorite salad is the citrus crunch. It’s so light and fresh. We also really enjoy the Thai burrito which you can have with tofu or chicken. The ultimate option here is the Northstar Burger, a vegan burger made from a base of black beans, brown rice, and beets. It is by far the best veggie burger we have ever had!
6. Enjoy coffee/tea with a friend: Cream + Sugar Coffee House is the newest Black Owned Coffee shop perfect for friends over tea or coffee. You are welcomed by bright teal walls that put a smile on anyone’s face. The ambience and vibe are very welcoming. So, come have coffee, tea or maybe a yogurt bowl and stay awhile. It’s the perfect place for a meeting or just catching up with a friend.
7. Dine on a budget: Sugar n Spice. If you haven’t been to the diner style restaurant Sugar n Spice, you are missing out on some major SPICE in your life! They have been around in Cincinnati for decadesssss and just opened their newest location downtown.
Their portions are HUGE and have such affordable pricing. We always end up taking food home for the next day as well. You’re literally getting two meals for the price of one every time. And it’s so tasty!
8. Find the best happy hour deals: Quan Hapa. Who doesn’t love a great deal that involves food AND drinks?! We know we do! Quan Hapa is one of our favorite places for happy hour because it’s from 3-6 daily as well as having ½ priced wings on Tuesdays. Their regular happy hour includes many of the crowd favorites such as Okonomiyaki and sesame waffle fries. And don’t forget the cocktail specials!
9. Eat for the gram: Holtman’s Donuts. Do it for the gram, do it for the gram, do it for the gram! LOL! Don’t we foodies love to do it for the gram?! OH HECK YEAH! Holtman’s Donuts is one of our favorite places to “do it for the gram”. Their donuts are always so fun and sometimes ALMOST too pretty to eat. Key word: [ALMOST]. They also are very festive and decorate their donuts for different holidays or themes.
10. Go with a large group: Louvino is a great place to dine in for large groups. They have a small, private area in the upstairs (with the ability to enclose with sliding doors) that fits about 15 people. They also have a private space downstairs that can be reserved and utilized for larger groups than this. So gather your group and get your celebration on!!
1. Burger: Nation Kitchen & Bar
2. Pizza: Taglio
3. Ice Cream: Graeter’s
4. Asian Food: Oriental Wok
5. Drink: Karrikin Spirits
6. Steak: Jeff Ruby’s Steakhouse
7. Seafood: Washington Platform
8. Noodles: Quan Hapa
9. Coffee: Black Coffee Lounge
10. All you can eat: Grand Finale
Alright Nomsters, that’s a wrap for today. We hope you enjoyed reading all about the food scene in Cincinnati, Ohio! A big thanks to Tiff Squared for sharing all this deliciousness with us. For more on OH noms, make sure to give them a follow on instagram, and to see more from our United Tastes series, click here. Until next time!