Who’s excited for another United Tastes of America post? We’re pumped to introduce you guys to Jacklin Altman aka@foodbythegram. She’s going to tell you all about the best eats in Philly, Pennsylvania so get ready for some serious foodporn. If you plan on heading to the city of brotherly love soon, definitely make sure to bookmark this post.
Name: Jacklin Altman (@foodbythegram // foodbythegram.com)
City/State: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1. Grab brunch with your friends: Harp and Crown is the perfect brunch spot for a number of reasons. First and foremost, the space is gorgeous. Second, it’s a brunch buffet, for a super reasonable price of $28/person. Third, the buffet is stocked with incredible food that’s super high quality, as is expected from any of Michael Schulson’s Philadelphia restaurants. From smoked salmon to shrimp cocktail to prime rib to a create your own donut bar, there is truly something for everyone, making it the perfect spot for brunch with friends. Pictured below: DIY donuts.
2. Satisfy late night cravings: Lucky’s Last Chance is THE spot for late night eats, because there’s nothing you want more at 1 am than a completely stacked, in your face burger (or hot dog, if that’s more your thing). From loaded tots to a PB&J burger, there’s not a late night itch that can’t be scratched at Lucky’s. Pictured: an assortment of burgers.
3. Splurge $$$ on a killer meal: Zahav isn’t just one of the best in Philly, it’s one of the best in America. From the tasty spreads and salads that start your meal to the phenomenally prepared meat, seafood, and vegetables (and seriously do not skip dessert), it’s a spot that should be on top of everyone’s list. Pictured below: crispy wrapped halloumi cheese with apples.
4. Go for date night: Alma De Cuba boasts dark, sexy, intimate vibes, an extensive menu of drinks, and a unique menu of cuban offerings that are sure to impress any date. Try the ceviche, which bursts with flavor, or the ropa vieja for something more substantial.
5. Eat clean: HipCityVeg lets you have your burger and eat it too. With an entirely plant-based menu, it’s clean eating that won’t leave you missing meat!
6. Enjoy coffee/tea with a friend: La Colombe is a Philly-born roastery that is well loved by locals and visitors alike. Their cafes are all a cool mix of industrial and earthy, with great coffee and tea flowing, making it the perfect spot to meet a friend for a sip. Pictured: their iced latte.
7. Dine on a budget: Apricot Stone makes absolutely delicious home-style Armenian food at a killer price point, plus they’re BYOB. Their $66/multi-course dinner for 2 can’t be beat. Pictured below: assorted mezze dips with stuffed grape leaves.
8. Find the best happy hour deals: Sampan is a local favorite for happy hour, because you can get some of their most popular dishes (edamame dumplings, bao buns, and more) for just $3-$4 a pop. Pictured below: their fried chicken baos.
9. Eat for the gram: Craftsman Row has a menu that was basically crafted for Instagram. From the over-the-top shakes to the burgers covered in mac and cheese to the doritos crusted mozzarella sticks, this is a place where your camera surely eats first. Pictured: their birthday cake shake.
10. Go with a large group: Marrakesh will surely be an experience you won’t forget. Plentiful, delicious, and reasonably priced Morroccan food in an electrifying atmosphere that’s more fun with friends!
1. Burger: Royal Boucherie
2. Pizza: Pizzeria Vetri. Pictured below: an assortment of pies.
3. Ice cream: Franklin Fountain. Pictured below: ice cream cones, blackberry & hydrox cookie flavors.
4. Asian food: Umai Umai. Pictured below: an assortment of sushi rolls.
5. Drink: Continental Midtown
6. Steak: Butcher & Singer
7. Seafood: The Olde Bar
8. Noodles: Cheu Noodle Bar
9. Coffee: Elixr
That’s a wrap for today, Nomsters. We hope you enjoyed this feature on Philadelphia’s bomb food scene. A huge thanks to Jacklin for sharing her immense nom knowledge with us today. Definitely make sure to follow her on instagram to stay in the know. For more United Tastes posts, click here, and check back soon for fresh new content. We update every Monday, Thursday and Saturday so see you then!