And we’re back with another segment of United Tastes of America! This time around we’ve got the amazing @portlandeatsme here to give you the scoop on everything delicious in Portland, ME. If you’re in the area or plan on heading there at some point, be sure to bookmark this post so you can be sure to try all these insider recommendations. So without further delay, let’s dig in!
Name: Lydia B (@portlandeatsme)
City/State: Portland, Maine
1. Grab brunch with your friends: Local 188 is a great place to grab brunch with friends. The food is always good, and you definitely want to make sure you indulge in a cocktail or two since their bar program’s solid.
2. Satisfy late night cravings: Blue Rooster is where you want to go when you want tater tots, but not just regular tater tots. Expect all sorts of delicious combinations! Whether you want tater tot poutine or nacho tots, they got you covered. Their fried Brussel sprouts are also a must – available in sweet chili and caeser.
3. Splurge $$$ on a killer meal: Scales has delicious seafood right by the water. They’re usually super busy though so while you wait for your table, head to the bar for a cocktail and some of the freshest oysters in Maine!
4. Go for date night: Honeypaw is the best Asian fusion around town, and it’s great for a casual dinner date. Just remember to save room for dessert because their honey soft serve ice cream, topped with a chocolate shell and honeycomb bits, is absolutely scrumptious.
5. Eat clean: Head to Maine Squeeze for the best smoothies in Portland and enjoy them while exploring Old Port!
6. Enjoy coffee/tea with a friend: My favorite coffeeshop is Bard Coffee. They have arguably the best coffee in Maine, and their joe will keep you going all day and all night. Grab a cookie and make sure you have your phone handy to get a shot of their beautiful latte art!
7. Dine on a budget: Becky’s Diner is a classic Maine staple so you definitely want to stop by if you’re in the area! They have anything and everything you could possibly want on their menu for a great price.
8. Find the best happy hour deals: David’s Restaurant in Monument Square has sangria for only $6?! Sign me up. Out of the many sangrias I’ve had, this one is by far one of my absolute favorites.
9. Eat for the gram: Blake Orchard makes gram worthy smoothie bowls that have clean ingredients so you can feel good about treating yourself. They make their own peanut butter and almond milks so your smoothie bowls are extra special – trust me when I say you’ll be able to taste quality in each bite!
10. Go with a large group: High Roller Lobster is a great option because their food’s delicious and it’s easy to split checks. Their Ole Bay fries and lobster rolls are the perfect pair. They have unique lobster creations such as the lobster taco and lobster grilled cheese so definitely make sure to splurge when you go.
1. Burger: Nosh Kitchen
2. Pizza: Flatbread
3. Ice cream: Portland Twist
4. Asian food: Bubble Maineia
5. Drink: Blyth and Burrows
6. Steak: Fore Street
7. Seafood: Street and Co.
8. Noodles: Pai Men Miyake
9. Coffee: Arabica Coffee
And there you have it! A huge thanks to Lydia for taking the time to share her insider knowledge with all of us. Make sure you guys give her a follow on instagram to keep up with her nomtastic adventures in Portland, ME. To see more from our United Tastes series, click here and stay tuned for new content coming your way.