It’s time for another segment of United Tastes of America. Today, we have the incredible Serena Lin with us, and she’s going to tell you all about Seattle’s food scene. If you’re planning a trip there or know someone that is, make sure you bookmark or share for the ultimate foodcation.
Name: Serena Lin (@momoshares)
City/State: Seattle, Washington
1. Grab brunch with your friends: Deru Market is a super cute and a bit of rustic restaurant tucked away in Kirkland; it is hidden in a mix of industrial/residential area.
Food was fabulous and incredible. I recommend their Market Breakfast and Buttermilk Fried Chicken. The market breakfast is simple yet delicious. It has eggs, bacon, potatoes and some perfectly seasoned arugula salad. The fried chicken was perfectly crispy and the gravy was so flavorful and creamy.
2. Satisfy late night cravings: Imperial Lounge is a Peruvian restaurant in Belltown. Food is made with so much thought and detail here, and the flavors really do reflect that. I highly recommend their Lomo a lo Pobre: tender pieces of beef, sautéed on fire with onions, tomatoes, soy sauce, vinegar, and cilantro, served in a bed of Imperial fries.
Other must tries include their Ensanada Tacos (two gourmet catch-of-the-day fish tacos, beer-battered and served crispy with Imperial taco fixings) and their ceviches (their catch of the day mixed in a classic leche de tigre, julianne red onions, cancha, habanero & sweet potato puree).
3. Splurge $$$ on a killer meal: Each day, Altura creates a tasting menu inspired by the season’s ingredients. Every single dish was phenomenal and prepared masterfully!
4. Go for date night: iconiq is a small Japanese French fusion restaurant and it is definitely a hidden gem in the Mt. Baker neighborhood. The food is of high quality and artistic with beautiful plating. If possible, get the window seats; the view is gorgeous!
5. Eat clean: BH Beverage Company is my go to place for açaí bowls and healthy eating. Everything they make is delicious!
6. Enjoy coffee/tea with a friend: Moore Coffee Shop is known for their cute latte art! This place itself is small but really cozy. It’s joyful and relaxing to sit down here and enjoy a cup of hot coffee with some warm waffle.
7. Dine on a budget: Due’ Cucina Italiana serves gourmet handmade pasta for a very reasonable price! Chef Filippo and Davide are bringing the freshest Italian dishes to their customers. They make the pasta in-house everyday and grow the herbs on a wall behind the counter. Plus, they provide “build-your-own-dish” options where you can pick your favorite sauce, pasta, and extra toppings!
Mushroom & White Truffle Oil and Panino Con Porchetta are my two favorite dishes. The pasta has a perfect al dente texture with strong truffle flavor. For the sandwich, the slow roast pork belly goes well with their house made kale pesto sauce. Their tiramisu is also excellent; the best way to end a meal!
8. Find the best happy hour deals: Toulouse Petit is my favorite place when it comes to happy hour. A huge menu that includes French and Cajun options. Really great small plates and phenomenal cocktails.
9. Eat for the gram: Snowy Village bingsu is not too overly sweet and super fluffy! Believe me, it is so awesomely cool and refreshing that you feel totally cooled down after a bowl of that cold goodness. This is the perfect dessert for sharing with friends and taking some mouth watering pictures for the gram.
10. Go with a large group: Dough Zone Dumpling House specializes in all things made by dough. Soup dumplings, bao, pan fried dumplings, and noodles. They are called dough zone for a reason! Here is a great place for a group dinner or dim sum brunch.
Their menus hold much more than fresh handmade Xiao Long Bao, pot-stickers, and Q-bao (aka Shen Jian bao), Their noodles are terrific! Highly recommend their Yi Bin Noodle and Dan Dan Noodle. Both noodles are originated from Szechuan Province, so you know they have a good kick of spiciness. These noodles have the perfect balance of flavors and textures!
1. Burger: 8oz Burger and Co.
2. Pizza: Spark Pizza
3. Ice cream: Frankie & Jo’s
4. Asian food: Mike’s Noodle House
5. Drink: Canon
6. Steak: Kokkaku
7. Seafood: Taylor Shellfish Oyster Bar
8. Noodles: G.H PASTA Co.
9. Coffee: Storyville Coffee
10: All you can eat: Gourmet Noodle Bowl
And that’s it for today, Nomsters! We hope you enjoyed reading this segment of United Tastes. A huge thanks to Serena for her bomb recommendations. Make sure to give her a follow, and stay tuned for more delish content that will feed your feed. To browse other nom recommendations across the country, make sure you check out this tab. Until next time! Stay full, friends.