We’re so excited to share the fourth installment of United Tastes of America. If you’re looking for good food in the nation’s capital, you’re definitely gonna want to bookmark this post. Justin Schuble (aka the epic DCFoodPorn) is sharing his favorites with us today so y’all better take notes.
Name: Justin Schuble
City/State: Washington, D.C.
1. Grab brunch with your friends: Agora is a Mediterranean spot in Dupont with an awesome bottomless brunch. You get to sample the entire brunch menu plus drinks for only $38.99.
2. Satisfy late night cravings: Even when it comes to late night cravings, I try to keep things somewhat healthy. The rice bowls and pitas at Halal Guys are the perect way to satisfy that need for something hearty without feeling greasy the next day.
Left: brunch goals at Agora || Middle: splurging without the guilt at Halal Guys || Right: Delmar killing it with their Paella
3. Splurge $$$ on a killer meal: Del Mar at The Wharf is one of my favorite splurge meals in DC right now. Everything is incredible, but some favorites include the Paella de Pescado y Marisco (seafood paella), Atun Rojo (tuna) and the Hand Carved 5J Jamon Iberico.
4. Go for date night: The Dabney is one of my favorite spots to take my girlfriend on date night. The ambiance is perfect, with dimmed lights and flames burning in the open kitchen. The food is also delicious at this Michelin-starred spot.
5. Eat clean: Eating clean shouldn’t mean sacrificing on flavor. Chaia has vegetarian tacos that are just as good (if not better) than the real deal. I love going here for a quick lunch or casual weeknight dinner.
6. Enjoy coffee/tea with a friend: La Colombe has a few locations around DC, and all of them have their own charm. Every detail is perect, even down to the mugs that they serve the drinks in.
7. Dine on a budget: Thip Khao is one of my favorite places to get great food without spending a fortune. This place serves Laotian cuisine and will blow your socks off.
8. Find the best happy hour deals: Vinoteca does happy hour every day from 5-7pm. They offer discounts on wine and small plates.
9. Eat for the gram: Ice Cream Jubilee is one of my favorite places to “go for the gram.” Their ice cream is beautiful, and the flavor combinations are so unique.
Left: Chaia tacos || Middle: Droolworthy steak at the Dabney || Right: Dessert porn at its best from Ice Cream Jubilee
10. Go with a large group: Tico is great for small and large groups!They have a few tasting menu options, which are always fun, or you can order a la carte off the menu. This place is perfect for a weekend dinner before hitting the bars on U Street.
Burger: Duke’s Grocery
Pizza: 2 Amy’s
Ice cream: Ice Cream Jubilee
Asian food: Little Serow
Drink: Columbia Room
Steak: Bourbon Steak
Seafood: Fiola Mare
Coffee: The Coffee Bar
All you can eat: Sushi Para
We hope these suggestions help! Thanks, again, to Justin for all the insights. Make sure you guys follow him on instagram, twitter, facebook, and his blog for more amazing eats. Stay tuned as we make our way across the country highlighting awesome food bloggers and nomtastic dishes from every state!
To check out our other United Tastes of America posts, Click here!
Till next time, Nomsters!