Nomsters, the hot dog gods have blessed us all. A Dog Haus Biergarten opened in Bethesda, MD sooooo I’ll never eat another basic dog again. They took things to a whole ‘nother level, and I feel like I’ve seen the light!
I met up with DCNomster last week to check out their menu and had foodgasm after foodgasm. I ordered a frosé to start – it was de-freaking-licious btw – and Alex got a frozen margarita for himself. Their menu was impressive. They had a huge selection of hot dogs, an impressive number of droolworthy sides, plus burgers and chicken sandwiches. Here’s what we ordered:
- Sooo Cali: hormone and antibiotic free all beef dog served on King’s Hawaiian rolls, topped with wild arugula, avocado, tomato, crispy onions, and spicy basil aioli.
- Pig Lebowski: polish kielbasa topped with fries, haus slaw and BBQ sauce.
- The Hangover: topped with white american cheese, smoked bacon, haus chili, fried egg, mayo
- Free Bird: Turkey dog, avocado, tomato, smoked bacon, and miso ranch
- Chili Cheese Tots
- The Love Boat: fries, haus chili, haus slaw
- Bad Mutha Clucka: beer battered chicken breast, lettuce, pickles, miso ranch
The hot dogs were definitely the highlight of our meal. The chicken sandwich + burger were fine, but they’re Dog Haus Biergarten for a reason. The hot dogs tasted as good as they looked, and I loved that they came on Hawaiian rolls. You’d think the toppings would be overwhelming, but each dog was perfectly balanced, and they get serious points for creativity!
above: their chicken sandwich || below: their loaded fries
You can get three different kinds of dogs here: beef, pork and turkey. Alex and I ordered one of each because we wanted to sample them all. It’s hard to pick a favorite because they were all so flavorful, but if I had to choose, I’d go with beef or turkey. The sausages had a nice snap to them, and they were topped with seriously nomtastic sauces. I didn’t know miso ranch was a thing, but I don’t know how I went so long without it!
The sides were tasty, but you gotta gobble them up quick or else serious sogginess will ensue [insert sad face here]. To be honest, I’m probably just gonna go with their regular tots or sweet potato fries the next time around! Call me lame, but I’m a die hard tots/fries + ketchup kind of girl. Anywho, that’s it for today guys – definitely let me know what you thought of Dog Haus Biergarten by leaving me a comment below. To browse more MD foodporn, click here, and make sure to check back soon. ’Til next time, Nomsters!