Yeah, we get a lot of questions about the Maryland burbs (specifically Hanover/Arundel Mills), which is why we decided to share recommendations with y’all today. To be honest, we think it’s kind of a food desert, BUT there are a handful of gems we’re excited to spotlight.
Expect a wide range of cuisines, and be sure to let us know your thoughts, especially if you have a go-to we need to visit. So without further ado, let’s get to it.
- Location: 7791 Arundel Mills Boulevard, Hanover, MD
- Hours: Open daily from 6AM-2PM
- Recommendations: We’re not crazy about their egg sandwiches (or their sandwiches in general), but we do like their bagels and cream cheese. Their bagel combo’s a go-to for sure: $19.99 for 13 bagels + two 8 oz. cream cheeses. We especially love their asiago cheese, garlic, everything, jalapeño cheddar, and egg bagels. As for schmears, we recommend their veggie and chive! They also have a second location in College Park so you can always hit them up there if that’s closer to you. And PS. they have a loyalty program as well so take a second to sign up!
- Location: 9920 Washington Boulevard North, Laurel, MD
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 8AM-10PM, Friday & Saturday 8AM-midnight
- Recommendations: This place is a big do in our book! They have a huge menu, but we almost always get their 4 tacos for $10 deal. Their proteins are a little dry from time to time, but we still love their food regardless. Plus, it’s so affordable – how could we possibly complain! Try their pastor, chorizo, and barbacoa, and always remember to get their guac. PS. If you’re big into heat, you need to try their hot sauce. It’s craaaaazy spicy!
3. Pho One-O
- Location: 2651 Annapolis Road #b, Hanover, MD
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 11-9:30PM, Sunday 11AM-8PM, kitchen closes 30 minutes prior
- Recommendations: They have a pretty large menu, but the pho’s where it’s at. It’s not our favorite pho in Maryland, but it’s definitely high up on our list – think top 3 or 5. Our go-to is the pho tai chin: rare eye round steak and brisket. All of their noodle soups come with the traditional fixings, ie. cilantro, white onions and green onions, and the broth’s hearty and delicious. Perfect for a cold winter day!
4. Mai Dragon
- Location: 2647 Annapolis Road, Hanover, MD
- Hours: Monday through Friday + Sunday 11AM-9PM, Saturday 11-9:30PM
- Recommendations: Although their regular menu’s fairly solid, we only come here for dimsum on weekends. They offer tableside cart service, and they have most everything you could possibly want. The quality’s comparable to any dim sum place in Rockville so it’s an awesome option for those of you who want to stay in the area. Must try dishes include their shu mai, har gau (translucent shrimp dumplings), lo bak gou (turnip rice cake), char siu bao (baked BBQ pork buns), and don tot (egg tarts). So, so good.
- Location: 7791-C Arundel Mills, Hanover, MD
- Recommendations: For those of you looking to enjoy some delicious Indian cuisine, Rangoli is a great option! We’ve gotten take out from here far too many times to count, and their food always hits the spot. It’s a bit on the pricy side though! Our go-to dishes include their tikka masala, butter chicken, and lamb vindaloo.
- Location: 5705 Richards Valley Road, Ellicott City, MD
- Hours: Sunday through Thursday 11AM-8PM, Friday & Saturday 11AM-9PM
- Recommendations: For damn good sandwiches, make sure to stop by RegionAle Ellicott City. They have one of the best hot chicken sandwiches in Maryland, and we’re also big fans of their Indiana pork tenderloin and NY Italian hero. They have a standard menu available online, but they often offer seasonal/monthly sandwiches that will blow your mind. They did this amazing lobster grilled cheese with @baltimorefoodscene back in August, and they’re currently offering a fantastic Thanksgiving handheld called “The Gobbler.”
- Location: 7260 D Montgomery Road Suite-D, Elkridge, MD
- Hours: Monday through Saturday 11AM-10PM, Sunday 12PM-9:30PM
- Recommendations: This is our go-to spot for Chinese-American takeout! We like to get their spicy chicken wontons, mongolian beef, chicken ‘n hot garlic sauce and Chinese eggplant. We usually get their dinner portions so we have leftovers, but they also offer a super affordable lunch combo everyday until 4PM. $7-8 for your entree, white or fried rice, and crab meat cheese puffs! Add a small soup or salad for only $2.5o more!
8. Sushi Q
- Location: 6325F Washington Boulevard, Elkridge, MD
- Hours: Monday through Thursday 11AM-10PM, Friday & Saturday 11AM-11PM, Sunday 12PM-10PM
- Recommendations: Hanover isn’t exactly known for it’s sushi scene, but Sushi Q is a pretty solid choice if you’re into fun rolls. We haven’t been since pre-pandemic so we can’t vouch for their quality now, but we used to really enjoy dining here with friends. They also had a mean tonkatsu so definitely make sure to give that a try!
Have you guys been to any of these places? Definitely make sure to let us know what you thought if so. And if you have any recommendations you’d like to share, make sure to leave us a comment. For more on delish Maryland eats, click here and stay tuned for more content coming your way soon.