Alright Nomsters, who’s excited to learn more about Incheon Restaurant? This hidden gem is located in Annandale, Virginia, and they’re now open 5 days a week which is dope. If you haven’t been yet, you absolutely need to make a trip!
For those of you looking to experience their current prix fixe, you can now enjoy said magic Tuesday through Saturday at either 5 or 8PM. Head to Tock to secure your spot – it’s prepay only, but it’s quite affordable at $65 per person. And in addition to the aforementioned tasting options, they’re now accepting walk-ins for their bar so you have the option of joining them for drinks and small bites.
As for their menu, chef Justin’s switched things up so there’s much to look forward to. You’ll get 6 dishes to share family style + drink pairings for an extra $45. So, here’s a list of everything that’s included:
- Dduk: rice cakes with green curry, bamboo shoots and eomok (fish cakes)
- Hoe: lomi lomi salmon with macadamia nuts, coriander and scorched rice
- GuEe: dressed NY strip served with a side of Korean goguma (sweet potato)
- Greens: mixed greens with chopped apple and cucumber tossed in a doenjang dijon mustard dressing
- Ssam: duck breast served with spicy radish, pickled napa cabbage, and a walnut ssamjang
- Juk: rice porridge made with mushrooms, pecorino romano and dashi
Everything was quite fantastic, but IMO, standouts were his dduk, ssam and juk. Chef fries the dduk before cooking it in an uber flavorful green curry so it has this really wonderful texture. This dish also has a lovely kick so expect heat in each bite!
The ssam’s similar to what he had previously, but duck’s my favorite protein so I couldn’t NOT list this. Plus, I love that he mixes walnuts in his ssamjang – it’s a simple but delicious touch.
In regards to the juk, I’m beyond thrilled this stayed on the menu as well. Instead of abalone, he’s now topping it with 3 different kinds of mushrooms. This risotto-style porridge is a winner for sure, and it’s something I could enjoy daily if I had the option to.
So, who’s excited to try their new menu out? Click here to book your res, and stay tuned for more content coming your way. In the meantime, head to our Virginia tab to learn more. Until next time, friends! I hope you eat all the things.