Thank you Rio Luna Organic Peppers for sponsoring this post. Rio Luna Organic Peppers are certified organic, non-GMO, fat free, cholesterol free, low calorie and Kosher. For flavorful and spicy recipe ideas follow Rio Luna on Facebook and Instagram.
Alright guys, we haven’t shared a recipe in a while, but better late than never, right? We promise you’re in for a treat today though so make sure you stick with us until the end. We’ve partnered up with Rio Luna Organic Peppers – a sustainable company that uses drip irrigation, recycling initiatives, and crop rotation to cultivate the best possible product – to share one of our favorite holiday recipes: jalapeño cornbread muffins. These babies are SO easy to make, and they’re perfect for any and every occasion so go wild.
Here’s everything you need for these nomtastic muffins:
- 4 tablespoons of Rio Luna’s Diced Jalapeños – keep an eye out for the new Non-GMO approved stamp and heat index meter!
- 9 pieces of Rio Luna Nacho Sliced Jalapeños or freshly sliced jalapeños
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- Optional: 4 oz shredded cheese, we like cheddar but feel free to experiment.
Directions that are easy peasy lemon squeezy:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F, and use pam to coat your muffin tin or use liners – you’ll need at least 9 – like we did below.
- Get a large bowl and mix in your cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar together. Then stir in your milk, egg and melted butter. Whisk everything thoroughly before adding your diced jalapeños. If you want cheesy cornbread, this is where you’d mix in your shredded cheddar or [insert shredded cheese of choice].
- Divide the batter up into 9 different muffins and add a Rio Luna’s Nacho Sliced Jalapeño or fresh jalapeño on top of each one.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then let them cool in their tin before enjoying with our frands and fam.
- Serve with copious amounts of butter because #treatyoself.
If you’re looking to try this recipe out for yourself, make sure you visit the Rio Luna Organic Peppers site here for coupons to purchase at Kroger or Whole Foods so you can save max $. They’re certified organic, non-GMO, fat free, cholesterol free, low calorie, AND kosher so yes, they’re worth the purchase. Plus, you can make a bajillion other delish recipes with them as well – for more flavorful inspo, follow them on facebook and instagram.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.