This is a sponsored post in partnership with The Network Niche Influencer Agency on behalf of De La Viuda Hot Sauce. All opinions are my own.
Hot wings are our favorite snack to prepare as a side for a big meal or for a gathering of friends and family. Wings are one of those foods that’s kind of like fries – there are so many ways to prepare them and so many directions you can take the flavors, it could be a new experience every time you take a bite! One of our absolute favorite recipes is one we crafted recently with De La Viuda Hot Sauce!
De La Viuda Hot Sauce is brand new to the United States and is a 100% traditional Mexican hot sauce that is inspired by Señora Sanchez, a widowed mother of four from Jalisco, Mexico who opened a street cart to sell her home-made hot sauces her husband had loved. De La Viuda Hot Sauce continues this legacy of sharing authentic spices and love while paying homage to Señora Sanchez and her husband.
Not many food-related businesses have a story THAT legit, so needless to say, our curiosity was piqued and we had to get our hands on some of this stuff. Now, it’s not the hottest hot sauce out there, but that’s not their goal. They’ve really focused in on the spices (chile de árbol, poblano, and habanero) and created a flavor that’s unlike any other hot sauce we’ve tried. Their Original Hot Sauce was our favorite with a tangy sensation and what tasted to us like subtle citrusy notes, which makes it light and perfect for the spring and heading into the summer! If you’re looking for a more balanced hot sauce, they also have a second flavor – Green Pepper – which is a mix of poblano and habanero peppers along with other premium ingredients.
What we love about this recipe is how unique the flavor is. Typically, if you go to a restaurant to get some hot wings, buffalo wings, or anything along those lines, you usually know what to expect. They often come with messy sauces, the chicken can be overcooked, and it even sometimes seems like it’s less about the flavor and more about the quantity. Well, the good news here is once you have this recipe and pick up some De La Viuda Hot Sauce, you don’t have to sacrifice anything. You can get all the amazing flavor of these wings and make as many as you and your guests want!
The other thing we love about this hot wings recipe is that even though you are using a good amount of De La Viuda Hot Sauce which makes the rub a bit more of a liquid, once you slather the chicken and cook everything in the oven it actually becomes much more like a dry rub in consistency so you don’t need tons of napkins.
- Right before we jump into the recipe, we want to mention that De La Viuda Hot Sauce will be hitting the shelves in the US soon and they have an amazing introductory offer where they’re taking $5 off a 4-pack, plus free shipping! Be sure to follow @delaviudahotsauce on Instagram/Facebook to see where it will appear first and visit their website here to grab some for yourself.
De La Viuda Hot Wings Recipe
- 4 lbs party wings
- 4 Tbsp De La Viuda Original Hot Sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp Salt
- 1/2 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a large oven-safe tray with tinfoil and place a baking rack on top.
- Pat the wings dry and put them into a large mixing bowl. Pour in about 2 Tbsp of olive oil and either using a silicon spatula or your hands, toss the wings until they’re evenly coated.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, add all the spices along with the De La Viuda Hot Sauce, and using a spoon or silicon spatula, mix everything together to form your rub.
- Pour the rub on top of the chicken wings in the large mixing bowl and toss everything until you’ve coated all the wings.
- Place the wings onto the baking rack and put the pan into the oven on the middle rack.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes.