If you’re looking to try a swanky new restaurant in Charm City, you need to check out The Charles. We went for brunch with Like the Tea Eats and Food Nomad a while back and had a great time. We loved the vibe there and really enjoyed the food. Sidebar: They did a phenomenal job renovating the building because the interior was on point. If you’re looking to host an event or party in Baltimore, we highly recommend booking their space. For those of you interested, they have several different packages available so make sure to check ’em out.
As always, we ate family style, and we got…
- Brunch bread platter: english muffin, everything bagel, and pound cake with seasonal butter and spreads.
- Smoothie bowl: greek yogurt, honey, berries, puffed rice & whipped cream.
- Pork belly sliders: honey glazed donut, togarashi pork belly, apple slaw
- Scotch egg: Breakfast sausage, soft boiled egg, local greens dressed with a chili maple vinaigrette
- Breakfast burger: Liberty Delight Farms beef, fried egg, potato sticks, french onion mayo, and house American cheese staked on a cast-iron english muffin with spicy dill pickles.
- Benedict: poached eggs, country ham, and hollandaise on an english muffin.
- Split Milk & Cookies: chocolate chip cookie dough with vanilla creme anglaise and pistachio crumble.
- Honey Sundae: seared pound cake with spiced syrup, caramelized honey ice cream and peaches.
Everything was nomtastic, but standouts were the bread platter, the benedict, the pork belly sliders, and the split milk & cookies. We absolutely loved how creative Cory Pastor was – he’s the executive chef at The Charles fyi – and his presentation was impeccable. The bread (pictured above) was exceptional – it was baked fresh and served with the yummiest butter we’ve ever tasted. If you love carbs even half as much as we do, you’ll love this plate.
The benedict was fairly standard, but it was well done so we wanted to shout it out. The slider entree was definitely the most interesting dish out of the bunch, at least for us! We weren’t sure how we were gonna feel about the honey glazed donut “buns,” but the flavors all came together beautifully. The apple slaw’s acidity balanced out the sweetness of the buns and the saltiness of the pork. Anddd last but not least, the split milk & cookies dessert. This was definitely the prettiest plate we got at brunch! If you’re big into sweets, you’ll devour this in minutes. Just remember to be nice and share! Sharing is caring…at least that’s what we hear. Ha!
above: their gorg smoothie bowl || below: their epic pork sliders
above: their breakfast burger || below: scotch-eggy goodness
above: yum in our tum benedict || below: cookie dough plated oh so perfectly
We can’t wait to check out their dinner service. Who knew there was a place like this in Fed Hill? If you’re looking to impress someone on date night, bring ’em to The Charles for a delicious meal with great ambiance! Alright Nomsters, that’s it for today. We hope you enjoyed reading about our latest dining adventure. Remember to follow us on instagram for daily foodporn, and check back every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for new posts! We also have location-specific categories on here so take a look-see.