Hey Nomsters, we hope you’re excited because we have something real special for you today. We’re beyond pumped to feature one of our favorite foodies & top Baltimore food influencer, Louie Silverio! A huge, HUGE thanks to @bmorefood for taking the time to answer our questions. Keep reading to learn more about his foodie journey, must try Charm City eats, and more.
Tell us about yourself. What inspired you to start @bmorefood?
I’m in my mid 30’s now and have definitely enjoyed and indulged in my fair share of the Baltimore Food Scene. I enjoy playing sports, singing karaoke, supporting my Ravens and eating food with friends and family every chance I get.
Bmore Food started because I love taking pictures almost as much as I love to eat! I subconsciously have always loved the food and beverage industry. As much as my friends enjoyed eating at chain restaurants growing up, it’s finding that hole in the wall that sells amazing food that really excites me!
Is there a specific food memory that stands out? Care to share what that is?
I’ll never forget the first moment I saw a Lechon, Roasted Pig, at a Filipino Family party. It scared me at first, but the crunch of that crispy skin really makes that fear go away!
As a native Baltimorean, what are 5 must-try eats in Charm City every person should experience at least once in their lifetime?
There are so many gems to choose from but my top 5 must-try eats in Charm City in no particular order are:
- Matthew’s Pizza – Crab Pie Pizza: The onions and crab ratio is spot on every time. While others may think it’s burnt, the crust in my opinion makes the pizza.
- Ekiben – Neighborhood Bird: This one really doesn’t need an explanation as the Neighborhood Bird is seriously the best Chicken Sandwich EVER CREATED!
- Jimmy’s Seafood – Crab Cake Egg Roll: Talk about making something already amazing made even better. Jimmy’s Seafood already serves one of my favorite Crab Cakes. They took it to the next level by wrapping it and deep-frying it to create THE BEST Crab Cake Egg Roll!
- Asian Court: There’s nothing quite like eating Authentic Dim Sum from a cart for brunch. This place is a must-try for Dim Sum lovers and for those who love to share and sample small bites. Make sure to come early because there is always a line!
- Waffie Waffle – Bmore Foodie Waffle: Not only because it’s my waffle but because it’s just that good that I can put my name on it with confidence!
What makes Baltimore’s food scene so special?
What I think makes the Baltimore Food Scene so special is that I will consistently see other Chef’s and industry workers supporting each other by either giving them a shout on social media, dining in their restaurant or even donating to their fundraiser. Baltimore is a city that likes to give back and help support each other in one of the hardest industries to make a living.
What’s your mission as a charm city food blogger?
My mission is to show locals and visitors why we are called Charm City. The hunt for my next favorite Taco Truck, Ramen Bowl or Sandwich is what makes blogging exciting for me. Like most things, there are many ups and downs, but finding that hidden gem is why I enjoy creating content for my followers to be informed and enjoy.
What’s been the most rewarding aspect of running @bmorefood?
I think the most rewarding aspect, besides trying dishes I never would have thought to order on my own, is meeting the people behind the kitchen.
I love hearing someone’s story about what inspires them to make or serve food every day. Food is a big part of everyone’s life. Where you choose to eat for a graduation, new promotion or engagement party is decided by how great the food and service is. I take it as a responsibility to highlight what I feel are great options to celebrate those small and big life moments.
Do you have any advice for aspiring food bloggers?
Try new things and don’t be afraid to fail. When I look back at the quality of my content when I first started compared to now, I am really taken back as to how much I have evolved.
If you ever feel stressed out about creating content, take a day or two off. It’s really quality over quantity. Find out what motivates you to be creative and post what you enjoy.
Finally, do not worry about how many followers or likes you get. Posting consistently what you like and enjoy will build a following that enjoys your taste and style of posting.
Alright friends, we hope you enjoyed getting to know @bmorefood a bit better. If you’re not already following him on insta, make sure you do so ASAP! For more on Maryland eats, click here, and stay tuned for more content coming your way soon. Happy eating!