This post was sponsored by King’s Hawaiian as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Tuna melts are one of our favorite sandwiches, and we’re always looking for ways to improve on our own recipes. We weren’t sure if it was possible for tuna melts to get even better than they already are, but we’re now convinced that KING’S HAWAIIAN® Bread can literally make anything better. There’s something about the subtle sweetness of the bread that perfectly compliments the savory cheese and tuna.
We’re all about sharing tasty ideas, and we definitely didn’t want to keep this one to ourselves, so here’s our recipe for the Ultimate King’s Hawaiian Tuna Melt! And if you’re interested in giving it a try, you can easily order a loaf from Target online, or head to your local Target and grab one in person. We hope you enjoy!
Makes two melt sandwiches.
- 2 tablespoons of basil
- 1 tablespoon of dill
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Lemon zest from one whole lemon
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup of mayonnaise
- 10oz of white tuna
- 2-4 slices of fresh tomato
- 4 slices of King’s Hawaiian Original Slices Bread
- 4oz of grated mozzarella cheese
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the tuna, basil, dill, black pepper, lemon zest, lemon juice, dijon mustard, and mayonnaise
2. Lay out 4 slices of King’s Hawaiian Original Sliced Bread and on two of them, put layers of mozzarella cheese, tuna mixture, sliced tomato, and more mozzarella cheese in that order (see photo).
3. Place the other bread slices on top and spread a layer of butter over them.
4. Put your stove on low to medium heat, and place the melts on your skillet with the butter side down. Right after you do this, spread a layer of butter on the side facing up. When you see the cheese melting, flip the melts over and cook until you see the cheese on the other side melting.
5. Plate the melts, and if you want, cut them in half and enjoy!
We love this recipe because it’s such a comfort food, and the perfect way to warm up those cold winter days. King’s Hawaiian is also releasing a new Sliced Honey Wheat Bread in April, so be sure to swing by your local Target to try it out!