Nomsters, we can’t even begin to tell you how excited we are to tell you about Umamicart. This online grocery store delivers your favorite Asian products and ingredients straight to your door. Whether you’re craving noodz or need to stock up on pantry staples, they gotchu covered.
They offer traditional staples as well as up-and-coming Asian-American owned brands to “highlight and celebrate the endlessly diverse, unique and ever-evolving Asian American culture and cuisine.” Founder Andrea Xu’s goal is “to bring you and your loved ones to the table, revisiting childhood favorites or creating memories over new flavors.”
First and foremost, can we just take a second to admire their website and branding? Super on point and very user-friendly. Their hyper organized categories satiate our inner OCD, and we love that they offer kits (ie. hot pot essentials and mapo tofu) for those who want to recreate their favorite dishes in the comfort of home.
Umamicart was generous enough to give us $75 in credit to try out their service, and to be honest, we didn’t know what to expect. So, instead of ordering produce, we splurged and got a ton of instant noodles, sauces and snacks since we figured they’d travel best. With that said, they did an awesome job packing our stuff so we’d feel comfortable getting anything and everything the 2nd time around.
Now, they had a pretty impressive selection for each, but here are our recommendations from our more recent haul:
- Samyang 2x Spicy Chicken Noodle: super, super hot but delicious. We recommend adding a protein of your choice + veggies. That’ll counter the heat a bit! Add cheese if you really want to treat yourself.
- Samyang Hot Chicken Noodle: yeaaah, we reallllly like spicy. This is definitely a step down from the aforementioned option so this may be the better option for you depending on your tolerance.
- Laoganma Fried Chili in Oil: really solid chili oil! Add this to any and everything to add a hint of heat.
- S&B Shichimi Togarashi Chili Pepper: we’ve loved this ever since we were kids. Add it wherever you please to spice things up a bit!
- LKK Chili Garlic Sauce: our first time trying this and definitely not our last. High key obsessed with this sauce. We have it with EVERYTHING, but you really gotta like garlic since it has huge chunks of it.
- Glico Pocky Matcha: Because who doesn’t love pocky? Especially when it’s matcha flavor. So, SO good! Their strawberry flavor is a must as well so get both!
Alright friends, we hope you enjoyed reading about Umamicart today. Let us know what you thought by leaving us a comment below, and stay tuned for more delish content coming your way. We update Nomtastic Foods every Monday and Thursday so you definitely want to check back soon. Until next time, friends!