We’re super excited to continue our United Tastes of America series with the awesome Nicole Caridad Ralston, aka @eatenpathnola on Instagram! She’ll be sharing some of the best eats in New Orleans, a definite foodie haven, and we can’t wait to get you all the inside scoop! So, without further ado, let’s get to it!
Name: Nicole Caridad Ralston (@eatenpathnola// eatenpathnola.com)
City/State: New Orleans, Louisiana
1. Grab brunch with your friends: Cru for Drag Brunch on Saturdays and Sundays! Cru boasts amazing seafood options, including fresh oysters. Their brunch also features bottomless mimosas, bellinis, bloody marys, and punches!
2. Satisfy late night cravings: Coop’s Place. Coop’s is a dive bar with an amazing menu, aka the perfect place to stumble into after a night in Tye Quarter. The have some of the best spicy, rabbit jambalaya in town!
3. Splurge $$$ on a killer meal: Compere Lapin. This upscale, Caribbean spot features the James Beard award-winning chef, Nina Compton, who grew up in St. Lucia! I recommend starting with the conch fritters & spicy pig ears.
4. Go for date night: Zasu. Zasu’s dark green walls provide the perfect backdrop for a romantic, intimate date. I recommend ordering their chargrilled baby oysters to start your meal off right!
5. Eat clean: NOLA Vegan. The founder of this cute vegan spot is dedicated to the New Orleans community and serves up amazing, creative takes on vegan-friendly food! I recommend their “chicken” and waffles.
6. Enjoy coffee/tea with a friend: Croissant d’or in the Quarter. This adorable Vietnamese owned French cafe has a great courtyard for enjoying coffee or tea with your besties!
7. Dine on a budget: Taqueria Guerrero! This Mexican spot features two of my favorite soups: pozole & menudo! Plus they’ve got some of the tastiest tacos in town!
8. Find the best happy hour deals: Barrel Proof has an amazing whiskey collection and their happy hour features $5 Old Fashioneds!
9. Eat for the gram: Elysian Bar is situated in the gorgeous Hotel Peter & Paul. The bar has an amazing food and cocktail service, but it’s their differently styled rooms that provide the perfect Instagram backdrop!
10. Go with a large group: Cafe Abyssinia serves tasty Ethiopian eats in a casual setting. They have indoor and outdoor seating and their food is great for sharing, too!
1. Burger: Bayou Bar inside The Ponchartrain Hotel
2. Pizza: Pizza Delicious
3. Ice cream: Freezy Street
5. Drink: “Some Like It Hot” at Hot Tin (tequila, mezcal, mango, lime, cherry brandy, habanero)
6. Steak: Doris Metropolitan
7. Seafood: Neyow’s Creole Cafe
8. Noodles: Arabella
9. Coffee: French Truck Coffee
10: All you can eat: Dooky Chase lunch buffet
And that does it, Nomsters! Big ups to Nicole for sharing her insider tips on the best eats in New Orleans! Let us know what places you’ve added to your bucket list on our Instagram or by leaving a comment below. Make sure you all follow her on instagram and check out her blog for more content. For more United Tastes segments, click here. Until next time, friends!