It’s time for another segment of United Tastes! We hope you’re pumped because @wickedtasty’s discussing all things yum in Nashville, TN today. Whether you’re planning a trip to the Volunteer state or just looking for delish local eats, you’re in for a nomtastic treat.
Name: Dan Burkard (aka @wickedtasty)
City/State: Nashville, Tennessee
1. Grab brunch with your friends: The Mockingbird. The Mockingbird is not only the state bird of TN, but also one of our favorite restaurants in Nashville. Owned by celebrity chef Maneet Chauhan (a judge on Food Network’s Chopped & Guy’s Grocery Games), all of their food is amazing and the serving sizes are huge. If you miss their weekend brunch, then stop by for weekday happy hour or dinner.
2. Satisfy late night cravings: Daddy’s Dogs. They have shops in The Nations & downtown in Printer’s Alley. They also have carts around town on the weekend. These aren’t NYC mystery street cart dogs either – these are massive gourmet dogs with fresh toppings and locally baked buns.
3. Splurge $$$ on a killer meal: Bourbon Steak. This one was tough; Kayne Prime is my favorite steakhouse in Nashville and quite possibly my favorite restaurant of all time. But, if you are visiting Nashville for the first time and you only have one meal to splurge on, it’s hard to beat Bourbon Steak.
They are located on the 34th floor of the JW Marriott and have amazing panoramic views of Nashville. The owner is also James Beard Award winning chef Michael Mina, so you know if will be a killer meal.
4. Go for date night: Rolf & Daughters. Located in Germantown, Nashville’s trendiest food neighborhood, Rolf & Daughters is a quaint modern Italian spot that offers fresh-made pastas and Italian dishes. A reservation is highly recommended.
5. Eat clean: Avo. They are located in a container park that also has a trendy beach bar and plant-based ice cream shop at the complex. Avo is 100% vegan and also has vegan drinks, like their avocado margarita!
6. Enjoy coffee/tea with a friend: Barista Parlor. Before Covid hit, Barista Parlor in The Gulch doubled as my office and business meeting space. It’s also an awesome space to hang and catch-up with friends.
They have great coffee roasted right here in Nashville and have multiple locations around town. As an added bonus, our favorite pastries in Nashville, Brightside Bakeshop, sells their croissants at all the Barista Parlor locations.
7. Dine on a budget: Peg Leg Porker. They had to make my list somewhere and since Best BBQ wasn’t a category, they get the budget category.
During weekday lunch, they offer their famous pulled pork sandwich with a side and drink for $8.90 (which is less than $10 after tax). We love Peg Leg and you will too, just remember they are closed on Sundays.
8. Find the best happy hour deals: Tansuo. There are tons of bars in Nashville that have 2-for-1 beer/cocktail specials throughout the week, and if you’re looking for one I’d recommend using The House App (a local app that focuses solely on happy hour deals). But our favorite deal in all of Nashville is the Wok & Wonton Wednesday at Tansuo.
They have a number of wok meals like General Tso’s Chicken or Chili Garlic Shrimp for just $14 and the house bottles of wine are all 50% off. When Michelle and I go, we split 2 entrees and go home with lunch and dinner for the next day. The servings are MASSIVE. I don’t know how they make money on it, but it’s a hell of a deal.
9. Eat for the gram: The Donut + Dog. They have some insane creations there, all based around their house-made donuts and hot dogs. Nashville Hot Chicken on donut? HOT! Donut grilled cheese? SEXY! Hangover burger on a donut bun? CHECK PLEASE!
10. Go with a large group: Yee-Haw / Ole’ Smokey (officially known as 6th & Peabody). This is an AWESOME hangout spot for a large group. It is a big complex with 2 stages (one inside and one outside), a retail store, two bars inside and 3 bars outside, a White Duck Taco Shop and a permanent Prince’s Hot Chicken food truck (the original Nashville Hot Chicken brand). They have basketball hoops, lawn games, Adirondack chairs and live music! There is literally something for everyone.
1. Burger: Stock & Barrel
2. Pizza: Five Points Pizza
3. Ice Cream: Gracie’s Milkshake Bar
4. Asian Food: Sunda New Asian
5. Drink: The Patterson House
6. Steak: Kayne Prime
7. Seafood: Saltine
8. Noodles: The Mac Shack
9. Coffee: Frothy Monkey
10. All you can eat: Sinema
Andddd that’s it for today, Nomsters. Big ups to @wickedtasty for taking the time to tell us about the best eats in Nashville, Tennessee. Make sure you guys give them a follow on instagram for more delish recommendations, and click here to see more from our United Tastes series.
Their community phone number is 615-240-2245 so feel free to text them if you’re looking for specific recommendations. Also, they have a dope new food finder so that’s definitely worth checking out as well! Until next time! Stay full, friends.