You guys know that we’re all about spreading the love! That’s why we decided to highlight 9 of our favorite DC food accounts today on the blog – they’ll be a second installment as well so make sure you keep an eye out. If you’re not following these bamfs yet, definitely make sure to check them out. They have incredible content so you can thank us after you give them all a follow. So, without further ado, let’s get to our roundup, friends – we hope you’re as excited as we are.
1. @dcfoodporn: When you think of DC food, it’s hard NOT to think of OG instagrammer, Justin Schuble. He started DCFoodporn way back in the day, and he’s been pursuing it full-time ever since he graduated from Georgetown University. He literally does EVERYTHING well – ermergerd, have you seen his videos and flat lays – and now covers lifestyle as well on his second account, @justinmschuble. On top of that, he’s one of the nicest person you’ll ever meet so we love him that much more.
2. @dcnomster: Alex Vu was one of the two District foodies that received the coveted Zagat foodie award, and if you take a look at his account, you’ll understand why. Known for his killer food photography and his engaging writing style, his posts will leave you hungry…maybe even hangry.
3. @diningtraveler: This remarkable woman does it all! Jessica van Dop DeJesus focuses on delicious food and attainable luxury travel while exploring the world, and when we say “exploring the world,” we mean exploring the world. She’s been to 45+ countries yet still manages to cover the best of DC. Follow her to read all about the local food scene and to keep up with everything that’s happening in the Capitol.
4. @district_foodies: @Alexbabkowski and @vskrivanos do foodporn SO well. Their super detailed close-up shots of dishes will have you drooling all day every day – just make sure you leave your diet at the door before getting your browse on.
5. @eastcoastcontessa: Founded by Alex in 2015, this gorgeous lady has worked with over 200+ hotels, restaurants, tourism boards and more. She’s one of our favorite food & travel accounts, and we love that they actively teach their readers about other cultures. Definitely make sure to check her out to follow her delicious adventures.
6. @eatdrinkdc: Lanna Nguyen makes food look so damn good. She covers everything from Michelin star meals to food trucks, and we can’t get enough of her vibrant photography. She also writes for The Drink Nation regularly so make sure you guys follow her there to stay on top of the Capitol’s best happy hours, drink specials and drink-related events.
7. @eatgfree: Gluten-free food has never been sexier. Formerly known as @DCglutenfree, Steph showcases the best gluten free noms in the District along with other delicious eats from her travels. It doesn’t matter whether you can or can’t eat gluten, we guarantee you’ll enjoy following her account regardless. Also, for those of you interested, she did a guest post for us not too long ago featuring the best gluten-free desserts in DC.
8. @thethriftyspoon: If you’re looking for good eats that won’t break the bank, Caroline is everything you’ve ever wanted and then some. She’s all about enjoying real food on a small budget, and she regularly shares healthy but delicious recipes from her kitchen on top of documenting her many, MANY food adventures in the DMV.
9. @thetufftruffle: Anddddd last but not least, meet William Goldberg, the high school sensation behind this reputable DC food blog. He started Tuff Truffle when he was in 8th grade (!!!!!) and he’s been going strong ever since. Follow him to discover hidden gems all over the city!
Alright guys, that’s it for today! We hope you enjoyed reading about our favorite DC foodies. For those of you interested, we’ve collaborated with some of these fine folks in the past for a few “best of” posts. Here they are ICYMI: Cheap eats in DC: A Guide to Eating on a Budget & Top Bloggers Discuss the Best Ramen in DC. For more on the DC food scene, click here, and remember to check back soon! We update every Monday and Thursday, friends.