If you’re looking for a simple yet delicious meal, then stuffed peppers are the perfect choice for you! Filled with anything from savory ground beef to nutritious veggies and spices, these tasty creations are fun and easy to make and are so colorful that they’ll brighten up any meal. Whether you’re looking to impress your dinner guests or whip up something quickly for weeknight dinners, we’ve rounded up 20 of the best stuffed peppers recipes that will leave your mouth watering.
Types of stuffed peppers
There are seriously an endless number of ways prepare stuffed peppers! They can be packed with just about any combination of ingredients, from classic Italian flavors to vegan-friendly fillings. Whether stuffed with ground beef, sausage, turkey, quinoa, rice or cheese, there’s a delicious combination for everyone.
Should peppers be precooked before stuffing?
We think we can all agree that there’s nothing quite like stuffed peppers, but the biggest debate surrounds the question of whether or not to precook the peppers before stuffing them. In actuality, both work well, but give you different results, so it all depends on your tastes and preferences. Precooking can soften the peppers, making them easier to chew. On the other hand, if you prefer peppers with a slightly crispier bite and a firmer texture that will stand up better, then you might want to skip the pre-cook and go straight for the stuffed version. Either way, it’ll be super tasty!
Is it necessary to parboil peppers before stuffing?
Similar to the previous question, it really depends on your personal preference. Parboiling your peppers before stuffing them will yield a softer texture and decrease the cook time in the oven, but if you prefer a firmer texture, you can skip this step.
What are good side dishes for stuffed peppers?
Because of the countless ways you can prepare this dish, there is really an unlimited number of side dishes you can serve alongside it. For something on the lighter side, you can’t go wrong with a fresh salad. A bowl of classic mashed potatoes is always a comforting option that will complement stuffed peppers nicely. For something a bit more special, roasted or grilled vegetables are an excellent choice. You could also jazz up your meal by serving stuffed peppers alongside a quinoa pilaf, creamy risotto, or even a pasta for something heavier. It really depends on how you prepare the peppers, so feel free to experiment!
How long do you boil bell peppers before you stuff them?
Again, you don’t need to boil your peppers before stuffing them, but if you do, it will make them more tender and cut down on the oven time. If you do decide to go this route, boil them for 2-3 minutes and then immediately transfer them into ice water.
Our Favorite Stuffed Peppers Recipes
1. Betty Crocker’s Stuffed Peppers Recipe
2. Downshiftology’s Best Stuffed Peppers Recipe
3. The Skinnyish Dish’s Philly Cheese Style Stuffed Peppers
4. Belly Full’s Easy Stuffed Peppers Recipe
5. Ahead of Thyme’s Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Peppers
6. Little Home in the Making’s Dutch Oven Stuffed Peppers
7. Jan’s Family Notebook’s Chicken Fajita Stuffed Peppers Recipe
8. Cooking with Coit’s Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers
9. Insanely Good’s Classic Stuffed Peppers
10. The Hidden Veggies’ Vegan Stuffed Peppers
11. The Big Man’s World’s Keto Stuffed Peppers
12. Ree Drummond’s Stuffed Peppers Recipe
13. The Recipe Rebel’s Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers
14. Easy Good Ideas’ Enchilada Stuffed Peppers
15. i heart naptime’s Simple Stuffed Peppers
16. Wellness by Kay’s Taco Stuffed Peppers
17. kitchn’s Stuffed Peppers Recipe with Rice
18. nyssa’s kitchen’s Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
19. A Pinch of Healthy’s Italian Stuffed Peppers Recipe
20. noshtastic’s Stuffed Peppers Recipe without Rice
21. Kristine’s Kitchen’s Healthy Stuffed Peppers Recipe
22. Fox and Briar’s Pizza Stuffed Bell Peppers
23. Salt & Lavender’s Beef Stuffed Peppers Recipe
24. Girl with the Iron Cast’s Spicy Stuffed Peppers
We hope you enjoyed our roundup of the absolute best stuffed pepper recipes. They’re easy to make, delicious, and perfect for a fun night in with friends or family. Which one will you try first? DM us on Instagram and let us know!