If you live in NoVa, chances are, you’ve already been to the Han Palace in McLean. Welp, I’m thrilled to tell you guys that they’ve opened a second restaurant in Woodley Park! DC doesn’t exactly have the most bussin’ dim sum scene so I’m excited that we have another option to add to the mix.
As for the interior, it’s quite stunning. They have a beautiful dining area with a large bar, and the ambiance is great. Service is attentive, and food always comes out quick, which is always a plus since I’m usually hangry! So, here’s everything I got during our last meal there.
- Half of their Han Style Peking Duck: delicious and came with all the usual fixings like sliced cukes, hoisin, green onions and pancakes!
- Soup Dumplings: really solid, definitely some of the best I’ve had in the DMV!
- Siu Mai (pork & shrimp dumplings): these were a little small but still very tasty.
- Har Gow (shrimp dumplings): same comment as above
- Marinated Cukes: great for added texture, crunch and acidity!
- Crab Dumplings: these were really pretty but not my favorite in terms of taste TBH
- Baked BBQ Pork Buns: really good
- Purple Gold Yolk Buns: again, really good
The MD burbs have so many amazing options so I can’t say this was the best dim sum I’ve ever had, but it’s a wonderful place for DC peeps who don’t want to sit through 45 minutes of traffic! I also LOVED their peking duck so that was a plus. I always make the trip to Peking Gourmet Inn to get my fix so I’m pumped that I can enjoy both dim sum + duck in DC now. Definitely make sure to go all out when you’re there because it’s absolutely worth the splurge.
As for dumplings, I especially enjoyed their xiao long bao and siu mai. These were standouts, and I can’t wait for round 2 because there are still a TON of dumplings I need to try! I actually thought their soup dumplings were some of the best I’ve had in the DMV so you’ll have to let me know what you think when you go.
I was stuffed after all this food, but I made room for their purple gold yolk buns because I can’t end a meal without dessert. These were so, so good; soft and fluffy as can be, and not too, too sweet. I was tempted to get their egg tarts as well but gotta save something for next time! So, who’s excited to try Han Palace?
Definitely make sure to comment below with your favorites, and stay tuned for more delish content coming your way. In the meantime, make sure you check out my DC tab, and follow @nomtasticdc for more yum recs in the district.